the other day, one of my mentors invited the women in her current workshop to create a list of five dreams and share them with the group. i wrote the first five things that came into my head, and to be honest, that list was a bit of a combination of a to-do list and a list of dreams, and i ultimately found it uninspiring.
this morning as i was scrolling through facebook, i came across a quote from songwriter leonard cohen which crystallized what was so lackluster about my dream list. although everything on it was something that i deeply want, the language i used didn’t hold the feelings of the dreams.
“there is a blaze of light in every word. it doesn’t matter what you heard: the holy or the broken hallelujah.”–leonard cohen
after i read this quote, i felt this knowing in my heart that i needed to revisit my dream list and put a blaze of light into every word.
the six dreams i am holding close to my heart
- i want to see the sunrise at the grand canyon.
- i want a love that feels like safety inside of deep adoration and intimacy, freedom and being all in.
- i want a thriving, vibrant painting career that brings in at least $5k a month.
- i want to create and nurture a tribe of women who crave communion and deep connection and are at ease with the messiness of vulnerability.
- i want to cultivate and nurture a feeling of fierce faith.
- i want to have an unguarded wide open heart.
which of your dreams blaze with light? let me know in the comments below.